Add to [anything] to make it [anything] teriyaki. Serve that with rice and sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on top.
|Light soy sauce||1 decilitre|
|Garlic||A little less than you have ginger|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Corn starch/Rice flour/similar||0.25 decilitre|
1) Mince ginger and garlic. Set aside.
2) Mix water with the corn starch (or whatever you subbed it with) and mix into a slurry.
1) Add the sesame oil to a small pot. Set to medium heat.
2) Add the minced ginger and garlic. Give it a quick fry until golden.
3) Turn off heat and let cool for a bit so the oil calms down.
4) Add the soy sauce, sugar, syrup and mirin. Bring to a boil while stirring.
5) Reduce the heat and let simmer for a few minutes. While simmering, little by little add the slurry to the sauce until the viscosity is just right. If you run out of slurry just mix another batch and keep adding.